I just realized that some people on tumblr have no idea how to survive in one. So I’ll provide some of MY tips for those who plan on living.
- Never stay in a place for too long. (1 week max.)
- Make sure the place is strongly fortified.
- Have multiple exits in case of an attack.
- Take shifts as a lookout.
FOOD and WATER:
- Always have at least 3 days worth of Food and Water.
- Non-perishable foods are essential. (ie Canned Goods)
- Always boil newly gathered water.
- If it permits, cook your food before eating.
- A Backpack is all you need. Get a big one or limit your items.
- Make sure you can move fast and quietly.
WEAPONS and FIGHTING:
- Have anything that can at least ‘block from’ or ‘push off’ zombies.
- When travelling, don’t spend too much time killing. A quick push will do the trick.
- Guns are too loud and ammo is very limited. Use during emergencies only.
- Always aim for the Head. You disable the brain, they lose their motor functions.
- Trust your group. Make sure they have your back and you have theirs.
- Keep your group small and easily looked after. (8 people max.)
- Never travel alone.
- Make sure everyone knows where you’re all going. In case you get split-up, this will be your eventual meeting place.
- Familiarize yourself with the group.
- Zombies are NOT your only threat. Dehydration, starvation and other desperate survivors are also something to keep an eye out for.
- Never travel too far from place to place. Fatigue can majorly disable your chance of survival.
- ALWAYS watch your back.
I probably don’t have everything listed on here. If you have any questions or want to know what I’ll do in certain situations, send me a message.
|5 May, 2012||301 notes|